In getting back into our routine from some restful and relaxing days last week, I should have created our weekly menu plan over the weekend.
However, I didn’t, and there’s no going back.
The nice thing about planning our menu week by week is I can start the week on whatever day I can menu plan. For the days I missed, I just fill-in what we ate.
Is this method cheating? No way! I’m starting where I am, giving myself grace, and focusing on the next 6-7 days.
Rather than throwing in the towel for the entire week because I didn’t start when I wanted, I just grabbed a pencil on Monday morning and took a trip to our refrigerator, freezer, and pantry.
Using the ingredients I had on-hand, I wrote out our weekly menu plan to kickoff a busy week.
- Cheesy toast
- Sandwiches (PBJ, grilled cheese, turkey, ham, etc.)
- Monday: Cheese tortellini with Alfredo sauce and vegetables
- Tuesday: Open-faced pork chop sandwiches and vegetables
- Wednesday: Entertaining with Papa Murphy’s pizzas, salad, and dessert
- Thursday: Pan-seared chicken with gravy, rice, and vegetables
- Friday: Roped sausage, macaroni and cheese, and vegetables
- Saturday: Steak-um sandwiches with onions and mushrooms, chips, and fresh vegetables
Keeping flexibile within our plan, we may rearrange the order should we feel a need. With a tentative plan, we can make changes knowing we have all the ingredients at home.
These meals are scheduled to land on our plates this week. If you post your weekly menu plan, then please leave a link in the comments for our inspiration. Happy planning!
Question: What’s cooking at your home this week?